Easy Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe! This quick weeknight dinner is packed with flavor and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
When I was a kid, there were certain dishes that I thought of as being really fancy. Stroganoff was one of those recipes that kid me thought of as fancy, and I think that’s one of the reasons that I liked it so much.
Traditional stroganoff can take some time, but this Instant Pot ground beef stroganoff makes it a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Serve it alongside a green salad and you have a quick, tasty dinner that’s so easy to make.
How to Make Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
Cook the ground beef. Drain the fat and return to the inner pot.
Add the onion and garlic. Stir in.
Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper.
Deglaze the inner pot with the beef broth. Scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. This will help to avoid burn warnings.
Stir in the mushrooms, noodles, and tomato paste. Cook.
Stir the cornstarch and water together. Add the cornstarch mixture, mustard, and sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Beef: I use 85% lean ground beef. You can use leaner (or fattier) ground beef if you prefer. You can also sub in ground turkey if you like.
- Mini lasagna noodles: My local grocery store calls them mini lasagna noodles, but I’ve also seen them called “malfalda” or “malfalda corta”.
- Sour cream: Plain Greek yogurt (skim, 2%, or whole milk) can be used in place of the sour cream. I don’t recommend using fat-free sour cream in this recipe.
More Instant Pot Recipes!
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef1
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cups mini lasagna noodles2
- 1 cup sour cream3
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Press SAUTE on the Instant Pot.
- Add the ground beef, and stir until browned.
- Carefully drain the fat and return browned ground beef to inner pot.
- Stir in the onion and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt, and pepper. Stir in.
- Deglaze the inner pot with the beef broth. Scrape up any of the browned bits.
- Press CANCEL.
- Stir in mushrooms, tomato paste, and noodles.
- Close the lid and lock into place.
- Turn the valve to SEALING.
- Press MANUAL and set time to 4 minutes.
- Move the valve to VENTING to release the pressure.
- Stir the water and cornstarch together.
- Stir in the sour cream, mustard, and cornstarch mixture.
- I use 85% lean ground beef. You can use leaner (or fattier) ground beef if you prefer. You can also sub in ground turkey if you like.
- My local grocery store calls them mini lasagna noodles, but I've also found them called "malfalda" or "malfalda corta".
- Plain Greek yogurt (skim, 2%, or whole milk) can be used in place of the sour cream. I don't recommend using fat-free sour cream in this recipe.
- Nutrition values are estimates.