Slow Cooker Taco Soup turns boneless skinless chicken breast, beans, and corn into a delicious soup that’s made in the crock pot!
Busy days call for easy dinners! And I love dinners that use pantry staples and don’t require a special trip to the store.
This slow cooker taco soup is made from ingredients that I always have in my pantry – beans, corn, salt, and chicken broth.
Even though it’s made from simple ingredients, this soup has a ton of flavor! I keep it on the milder side, but there are directions for adding more kick if you prefer a spicier soup.
How to make taco soup in the slow cooker
This soup couldn’t be much easier to make!
Just add beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, chicken broth, seasonings, and garlic to a slow cooker insert. Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
Then, add the boneless, skinless chicken breast. You’ll want to push the chicken down into the liquid so that it’s mostly submerged.
Finally, cover, and cook!
What to serve with this soup
I like to serve this soup topped with cheese, pico de gallo, and tortilla strips. Fresh sliced avocado is also really good with this soup.
How to make the soup spicier
You can use tomatoes with green chiles in place of the diced tomatoes. Also, adding more taco seasoning and using a medium or hot salsa will all give you a soup that has more kick.
How long will the soup keep?
This soup will stay good for 3-4 days stored covered in the fridge.
More easy slow cooker recipes!
If you’ve tried this slow cooker taco soup recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- Place salsa, black beans, pinto beans, corn, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, garlic, and chicken broth in slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Nestle chicken into the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Carefully shred chicken using two forks.
- Serve topped with pico de gallo, fresh cilantro, tortilla strips, avocado, or any other desired toppings.
- To make the soup spicier, use tomatoes with green chiles in place of diced tomatoes, add additional taco seasoning, and use a medium or hot salsa.