Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken recipe makes tender, saucy chicken that’s perfect over rice or in a bowl. Makes a great meal prep dinner.
Easy slow cooker dinners make my life easier! I love mix and go recipes like this for busy days.
This slow cooker bourbon chicken is super simple to make. It takes the flavors of bourbon chicken and puts a quick prep spin on them.
So, it’s a perfect weeknight dinner recipe.
How to make slow cooker bourbon chicken
This chicken couldn’t be much easier to make! Just place the chicken in the slow cooker insert, mix up the sauce, and top the chicken with the sauce.
It’s that easy!
Customize this recipe
There are several ways to change up this recipe to make it your own.
First, you can add some chili sauce or sriracha for a little kick.
Second, you can use either bourbon or apple juice in the sauce.
Third, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs in place of the chicken breast.
What to serve with bourbon chicken
I like to serve this chicken over white or brown rice. I usually serve steamed broccoli alongside.
Both the rice and the broccoli soak up the sauce, which makes for a flavorful bowl.
If you’ve tried this slow cooker bourbon chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe below. You can find me on PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 2/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup bourbon or apple juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Place chicken into a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker. I like to use a 5 quart so that the chicken can fit across without stacking it.
- Add the other ingredients on top, and stir to combine.
- Cook on LOW for 5-7 hours.
- Uncover, and cook on HIGH for 20-30 minutes.