Red Beans and Rice Skillet is an easy way to make red beans and rice. This simple one-skillet meal is made with kielbasa, beans, and rice.
My family loves recipes that contain beans, and I love how easy and economical they are.
This red beans and rice skillet recipe takes classic, long-simmered red beans and turns them into an easy weekight dinner.
If you’re short on time, feel free to use a pre-chopped onion/celery/green pepper blend.
How to make red beans and rice in a skillet
First, you’ll saute the vegetables. Then, remove the vegetables to a plate, and cook the kielbasa in the skillet.
Next, cook the rice and broth until the rice is tender. Then, stir in beans and seasonings.
Last, stir the cooked vegetables and kielbasa back in. Serve topped with fresh parsley.
If you’ve tried this red beans and rice skillet recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can find me on Pinterest PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Red Beans and Rice Skillet
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 14 ounce polska kielbasa diced
- 1 cup medium or long-grain white rice
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 14 ounce can red beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high.
- Add the onion, celery, and green pepper, and sauté until vegetables become soft and translucent, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the garlic, and cook, stirring continuously, for about 30 seconds.
- Remove vegetables to a plate.
- Add kielbasa to now-empty skillet, and cook until heated through.
- Remove to plate.
- Add the rice and chicken broth to the now-empty skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed the chicken broth, about 15-20 minutes.
- Uncover, and stir in the beans, seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cooked vegetables and kielbasa.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.