Easy Instant Pot ziti recipe! This Instant Pot pasta recipe turns Italian sausage and a couple of jars of spaghetti sauce in a yummy one-pot dinner in less than 30 minutes total.
Looking for simple weeknight dinner recipe? You found it with this easy Instant Pot ziti recipe!
This Instant Pot pasta recipe turns ground Italian sausage and two jars of spaghetti sauce in a yummy one-pot dinner in less than 30 minutes total. So, this quick and easy ziti recipe makes a great weeknight dinner.
How to Make Instant Pot Ziti
Brown the ground Italian sausage in the inner pot. Drain the grease, if necessary, and return to inner pot.
Add the onion and cook until softened. Stir in the garlic.
Pour in the uncooked noodles on top of the sausage mixture. Pour the water and spaghetti sauce over the top.
Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Don’t stir. Stirring makes the noodles clump as they cook.
Cook and release the pressure, and then give the noodles a good stir. If using the filling, add the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses. Stir in to combine.
- Italian Sausage: You can use mild or hot Italian sausage in this recipe. Turkey Italian sausage will also work.
- Red Wine: If you don’t want to use red wine, simply substitute an equal amount of beef or chicken broth.
- Filling: The filling is optional.
- Cottage Cheese: I don’t recommend fat-free cottage cheese, but low-fat or full-fat work well. If you don’t like cottage cheese, you can use an equal amount of ricotta cheese instead.
- Cooking Time: Different brands of noodles can have slight cooking time differences. If you find that the noodles are still too firm after cooking, just cover the pot and let the pasta sit for a few minutes.
How Long Will It Keep?
This pasta reheats well. It will keep, covered, in the fridge for up to 4 days.
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot Ziti recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Instant Pot Ziti
- 1 pound Italian sausage1
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1/4 cup red wine2
- 16 ounces uncooked ziti
- 2- 24 ounce jars spaghetti sauce
- 2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese3
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Press SAUTE.
- When HOT, add Italian sausage and cook until browned.
- Drain grease, if necessary, and return Italian sausage to the inner pot.
- Stir in onion and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir in.
- Deglaze the inner pot with the red wine and scrape up as many of the browned bits as possible. This will help to avoid a burn message.
- Press CANCEL.
- Add the ziti, water, spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Do not stir.
- Close and lock the lid.
- Turn the pressure release valve to SEALING.
- Press MANUAL and adjust the pressure to HIGH and the time to 4 minutes.
- When the cooking time is finished, carefully turn the pressure release valve to VENTING to quickly release the pressure.
- Give the pasta a good stir.4
- For the filling, add the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses.
- Stir in to combine.
- Mild or hot ok. You can even use a turkey Italian sausage if you prefer.
- You can substitute an equal amount of chicken or beef broth for the wine.
- Whole milk or low-fat ok. I don't recommend using fat-free. You can also substitute an equal amount of ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese.
- If the pasta is a little too firm for you, cover the pot and let the pasta sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Nutrition values are estimates.