Instant Pot Mojo chicken is an easy recipe that turns boneless skinless chicken breast into a super tasty dinner.
Can you ever have too many recipes for boneless skinless chicken breast? I know I can’t!
This easy Instant Pot mojo chicken recipe takes boneless, skinless chicken breast and turns it into a super tasty dinner.
One of the great things about this recipe is that it takes very little time to prep, and you can put the chicken breast in the marinade in the morning.
Then, just pull it out and pop it into the pressure cooker for dinner.
What is Mojo Chicken?
The “mojo” in mojo chicken comes from the sauce that the chicken is cooked in.
Mojo sauce is a Cuban sauce or marinade that has garlic, olive oil, and citrus juice in it.
It’s traditionally made with bitter orange, but the combination of the lime juice and orange juice give it more of the bitter orange flavor.
Mojo sauce is often served with pork, but it is also great with chicken.
How to Make Mojo Chicken in an Instant Pot
Begin by mixing up the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large resealable bag or container.
Add the chicken, and chill for at least 3 hours. I put the chicken in the marinade in the morning and let it sit in the fridge until dinner time.
When you’re ready to cook the chicken, add the chicken and marinade to the inner pot. Cover and lock lid in place.
Turn the pressure release valve to SEALING. Press POULTRY and adjust the time to 24 minutes.
Let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. Carefully turn the pressure release valve to VENTING to release any remaining pressure.
Shred the chicken and serve topped with cilantro.
I serve it topped with fresh cilantro, and it’s great served with rice and black beans.
If you want a healthier take, serve it with brown rice, quinoa, or even riced cauliflower.
More Instant Pot Recipes!
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot Mojo Chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Instant Pot Mojo Chicken
- 3/4 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- When you're ready to cook the chicken, add the chicken and marinade to the inner pot.
- Cover and lock lid in place.
- Turn the pressure release valve to SEALING.
- Press POULTRY and adjust the time to 24 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes.
- Carefully turn the pressure release valve to VENTING to release any remaining pressure.
- Shred the chicken and serve topped with cilantro.