Instant Pot Italian Mac and Cheese is a delicious cross between mac and cheese and spaghetti. It’s cheesy, creamy, and saucy goodness that takes less than 30 minutes total!
If you’ve ever had trouble deciding whether to eat mac and cheese or spaghetti, then this pasta is for you! Instant Pot Italian Mac and Cheese is a delicious cross between mac and cheese and spaghetti.
It takes little prep and is made entirely in the Instant Pot inner pot. It’s cheesy, creamy, and saucy goodness that takes less than 30 minutes total!
How to Make Instant Pot Italian Mac and Cheese
Cook Italian sausage until browned. Drain grease and return to inner pot.
Add onion and red pepper. Cook until softened. Stir in garlic.
Add chicken broth, noodles, and marinara. Don’t stir.
Cook and then quickly release pressure.
Remove the lid and stir in cream, mozzarella, and Parmesand cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Italian Sausage: You can use mild or hot depending on how hot you like your pasta to be.
- Cellentani Noodles: Cellentani noodles are also called cavatapi. They are a corkscrew-type noodle.
- Marinara: Pick a pasta sauce that you like. I like to use a roasted garlic pasta sauce in this recipe.
- Cheese: I use a combination of mozzarella and Parmesan. You could also use another blend like an Italian cheese blend.
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes!
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni
- Instant Pot Goulash
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Ziti
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot Italian Mac and Cheese recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Instant Pot Italian Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot/Electric Pressure Cooker
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage1
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 16 oz. cellentani noodles2
- 24 ounce jar marinara3
- 32 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella depending on desired cheesiness
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Press SAUTE.
- When the Instant Pot is hot, cook the ground Italian sausage until browned.
- Drain grease, if necessary, and return ground sausage to the inner pot.
- Stir in onion and red bell pepper and cook, stirring regularly, until onion has softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir to combine.
- Add noodles, marinara, and chicken broth. Do not stir.
- Press CANCEL.
- Close and lock lid.
- Turn pressure release valve to SEALING.
- Press MANUAL and adjust pressure to HIGH and time to 4 minutes.
- When finished cooking, carefully turn the pressure release valve to VENTING to quickly release the pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid.
- Stir in cream, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mild or hot
- Cellentani noodles are also called cavatapi noodles.
- Use any sauce that you like.
- Nutrition values are estimates.