Weeknight dinner made easy! This simple Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe is the tasty one-pot way to make beef stroganoff.
Beef stroganoff is one of my favorite dinner recipes. I love the combination of the rich beef and creamy sauce.
This Instant Pot version is an easy, one-pot weeknight version. Not only is it easy to make, but since it’s a one-pot meal, it’s easy to clean up. Win-win!
How to make beef stroganoff in the Instant Pot
Start by browning the ground beef. Then, drain the beef, and saute the vegetables.
Once the vegetables are sauteed, add the browned ground beef, noodles, broth, and the rest of the ingredients to the pot, and then cook.
After cooking, stir in the sour cream, and serve topped with parsley.
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot beef stroganoff recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 12 ounce package wide egg noodles
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Select high SAUTE setting on the Instant Pot, and add ground beef.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
- Drain, and return to Instant Pot.
- Add onion and mushrooms, and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic, and cook, stirring regularly, for 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomato paste, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and salt and pepper.
- Add beef broth and noodles, and gently stir to combine.
- Gently press the noodles down into the broth. It's ok if a few are sticking out a little.
- Press CANCEL.
- Lock the lid in place, and turn pressure release valve to SEALING.
- Press the MANUAL button, and set the cooking time to 6 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes.
- Turn the pressure relase valve to VENTING to release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley.